The last thing you would want is back pain since it impedes you from performing even the simplest duties. However, since back pain is a common condition, you had better know where to find relief when it knocks on your door.
While there are numerous back pain treatments, chiropractic treatment is the best alternative since it's natural and treats the root cause of your pain. For many years, at Equilibrium Spinal Care, we have been treating back pain, and you can become a beneficiary, too. If back pain is troubling you in Oakland, CA, please book an appointment with our chiropractor today!
What causes back pain?
There are several causes of back pain. The most common ones include:
- Injuries: Sports accidents, falls, slips, and car accidents are notorious for back pain. These incidences may injure your back's nerves, ligaments, bones, muscles, and tendons, causing soreness, pain, and stiffness.
- Sciatica: Damage to the sciatic nerve may result in pain that originates from the lower back to your legs.
- Herniated disc: Your discs separate bones from rubbing against each other. However, your discs may lose shape due to injury or degeneration, pinching a nearby nerve, which results in pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Osteoporosis: As you grow old, your bones may lose density and volume, becoming fragile. As a result, you may experience painful fractures.
- Arthritis: The degeneration of the joints causes pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition where the spinal column narrows down, pressing spinal nerves and other structures.
If you are experiencing back discomfort, don't suffer alone. Instead, please book an appointment with a chiropractor for pain relief.
How is back pain diagnosed?
Since you are the one who knows how your body feels, your chiropractor will rely on your symptoms to diagnose back pain. Don't leave out any details, even if they may appear minor. If you are experiencing tingling or numbness, please mention this to your chiropractor.
Other diagnostic methods include scrutinizing your medical history, physical examination, and diagnostic imaging, including x-rays and CT scans.
How does a chiropractor treat back pain?
Chiropractors don't use medication or surgery to treat back pain. After pinpointing the root cause of your back pain, we administer natural remedies, like:
- Spinal manipulations: This hands-on approach repositions your out-of-alignment spinal joints to lift pressure off the compressed spinal nerves.
- Massage therapy: It reduces pain by relaxing tense muscles.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises improve mobility, reduce pain, and strengthen your back muscles against future injuries.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Oakland, CA
Are you battling back pain? You don't have to do it alone. Call Equilibrium Spinal Care today at (510) 257-9520 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.