Unlike a popular misconception, your body isn’t meant to live with pain. So, when you experience back pain in Oakland, CA, you don’t have to “learn to live” with pain. Instead, book an appointment with Equilibrium Spinal Care, and help get pain relief
What Are the Causes of Back Pain?
A good question! Identifying the causes of back pain is essential when seeking relief. While back pain has numerous causes, the most common ones include:
- Injuries: Car accidents, slips, falls, and injuries in the workplace may cause back pain. Injuries to the back muscles, nerves, and joints cause pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Sciatica: When the longest nerve (sciatic nerve) in your body is irritated, you may experience pain that travels from the lower back to the back of one of your legs.
- Disc herniation: Impact on the back may cause the vertebrae discs to shift out of position, pinching a nearby nerve, which results in pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Poor posture: Incorrect posture when sleeping, lifting weights, and sitting may put undue pressure on the spine, causing back pain.
- Osteoarthritis: The degeneration of the spinal joints causes bones to rub against each other, triggering pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing down of the spinal column puts pressure on the back structures, causing pain.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine not only affects your balance and appearance but causes back pain.
If you have back pain, seek chiropractic treatment early enough to avoid complicating your condition.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Back Pain?
Before embarking on any treatment plan, the chiropractor first diagnoses the cause of back pain. Here, we take your medical history and ask you to describe your pain. We physically examine your back and ask you to make specific movements to pinpoint the location of discomfort. For further diagnosis, we may request x-rays and CT scans.
After a proper diagnosis, we apply the below chiropractic treatments:
- Spinal manipulation: By manipulating your spine through its range of motion, we can help alleviate pressure on the nerves, helping to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Stretching exercises: Specific exercises targeting your back may improve flexibility, reduce pain, and strengthen your back muscles against future injuries.
- Lifestyle counseling: We advise patients to avoid sitting for long periods without taking a break. Plus, we recommend weight reduction if weight is the cause of your back pain. Other lifestyle tweaks include staying fit, avoiding alcohol, and stress management.
Contact Us for Back Pain Management with the Help of Our Chiropractor
Want to say goodbye to your nagging back pain? Book an appointment with Equilibrium Spinal Care serving Oakland, CA. We will help restore your health for the long term. Call us at (510) 330-5201.