Are you suffering from lower back pain? This condition can diminish your quality of life. However, if you visit our chiropractor, your lower back symptoms can improve. If you are in Oakland, CA and its environs, schedule an appointment with Equilibrium Spinal Care for lower back pain relief.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
If your lower back is hurting, you may want to know the cause. Here are the common reasons why your lower back is in pain:
- Osteoarthritis: This is one of the most common causes of arthritis, which causes deterioration of your cartilage, resulting in your bones rubbing against each other. As a result, you experience pain and limited mobility.
- Sciatica: If your sciatic nerve is irritated, you may experience pain that originates from your lower back to the back of one of your legs.
- Herniated disc: Age, trauma, and repetitive use may cause your spinal discs to leak the content inside, which causes impingement on a nearby nerve, resulting in tingling, pain, and numbness.
- Poor posture: If you sit incorrectly or lift weights in an unnatural posture, you can put pressure on your spine, resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Injuries: Sports incidents, car accidents, falls, and slips may result in damage to your spinal structures, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Spinal stenosis: Aging and arthritis may cause the weakening of the spinal discs, leading to the narrowing down of the spinal column, which compresses the soft tissues, causing pain.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine, whether congenital or due to infections or trauma, can cause back pain, immobility, and other discomforts.
Lower back pain can wreak havoc on your health, but you can get help if you seek the services of a chiropractor. Our chiropractor uses natural methods to help treat the root cause of your lower back pain.
How Chiropractors Treat Lower Back Pain
Our chiropractor can help diagnose your lower back pain using your medical history, physical examination, and diagnostic imaging tools like x-rays. After a proper diagnosis, she may treat your back pain using the techniques below:
- Spinal manipulation: Our chiropractor may use this technique to align your spinal joints to reduce pressure on your spinal nerves.
- Stretching exercises: Our chiropractor may recommend gentle exercises to reduce pain, improve mobility, and strengthen your muscles against future injuries.
Get Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Pain from Our Chiropractor
Are you suffering from lower back pain in Oakland, CA? Schedule an appointment with us at Equilibrium Spinal Care for lower back pain treatment. Call us at (510) 257-9520.